- Kyneton Community Playground Group formed out of Cobaw Community Health’s Strengthening Families Project.
- 2008 November
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council grants in-principle support to design and develop a new district-level playground.
- 2009 May – July
- Kyneton Community Playground Group undertakes community consultation to determine park features and preferred location, surveying 200 community groups and more than three thousand local households.
- 2009 July
- An independent committee for Kyneton Community Park is established and incorporated. The title “Community Park” is chosen to emphasise the space is not just for children, but the whole community.
- 2010 June
- Following community feedback and independent site analysis, Macedon Ranges Shire Council proposes the lower arboretum of the Kyneton Botanic Gardens as the preferred location for a community park.
- 2010 September
- Public Records Office of Victoria grants Kyneton Community Park $8,900 for the “Steps Through Time” heritage pathway around the site of the Kyneton Community Park.
- 2011 November
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council grants $30,000 towards the development of a site plan for Kyneton Community Park.
- 2012 July
- Andrew Laidlaw of Laidlaw and Laidlaw and designer of acclaimed Children’s Garden at Melbourne’s Royal Botanic Gardens engaged to design Kyneton Community Park.
- 2012 November
- Master plan for Kyneton Community Park by Laidlaw and Laidlaw unveiled at community event “Picnic in the Park” at the park site.
- 2013 May
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council allocates $400,000 in its 2013 – 2014 Budget (including $300,000 of funding contributed from other sources).
Federal Liberal party commits $500,000 to project should it form government after Federal Election
Kyneton Community Park Inc formally hands over management of project to Macedon Ranges Shire Council.